By Jon Stallkamp, MD, Vice President, Medical Affairs, Riddle Hospital
At approximately 2:30 am on Monday, July 24, the power supply to the outpatient CT Scanner on the first floor of Health Center III at Riddle Hospital caught fire. As a result of the fire, the sprinklers activated, and the fire department arrived on the scene to extinguish the flames. As a result of the mitigation, there was extensive water damage in the area with the CT scanner and the immediate two floors below.
Throughout the week, we have made significant progress in repair and clean-up of the fire and water damage in Health Center III. We will continue to work around the clock in order to restore our patient services as quickly as possible.
Below is an update, as of Friday morning, July 28, on the status of the areas affected by the flood. Additional updates will be emailed to Riddle Hospital staff as progress continues.
Open and Operating:
- Operating Rooms
- Eye Center
- Pre-Admission Testing – temporarily relocated (patients should go to Admissions on the 1st floor of the hospital, and will be directed from there)
- Health Center III offices on the 3rd and 4th floors
- Supply Chain (Suite 3111)
Closed Until Further Notice:
- Outpatient Radiology Services, including Comprehensive Breast Center, MRI, CT Scan, Ultrasound, DEXA Scan, X-Ray, and interventional suite (cardiac cath/interventional radiology)
- Health Center III offices on the Mezzanine Level (temporarily relocated)
- Outpatient Lab
- Outpatient Registration
- Pulmonary Function Lab
- Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union
As always, the safety of our patients and the entire team is our primary focus, and every decision we make is with this priority in mind. Thank you for your continued patience during this time.