Riddle Hospital’s Main Lobby dedicated and renamed

On June 21, the Main Lobby at Riddle Hospital was renamed the “Gribbel Lobby” and was dedicated in the name of John Bancker Gribbel, who passed away in 1947 at the age of 63. Gribbel and his family gifted an historic $16 million to Riddle Hospital from the trust created in Gribbel’s Will.

The lobby is named and dedicated in Mr. Gribbel’s honor to thank him and his family who were dedicated patients of the former “Media Hospital” and of Dr. Charles H. Schoff, who founded that hospital in 1909. Dr. Schoff was also the physician caring for Samuel D. Riddle who, upon his death in January of 1951, stipulated that part of his estate be used to build a bigger and better hospital for Media and its surrounding communities, which he dearly loved. In 1963, as a direct result of Mr. Riddle’s wishes, Riddle Hospital was opened. The funds of this gift will allow Riddle Hospital to invest in patient-centered projects throughout the Hospital. For more information about this historic gift: https://www.mainlinehealth.org/news/2016/07/27/riddle-hospital-to-receive-historic-$16-million-gift-from-john-bancker-gribbel

 

In attendance at the dedication ceremony were Jack Lynch, FACHE, president and CEO of Main Line Health; Gary Perecko, president of Riddle Hospital; in addition to other leaders and staff from Riddle Hospital and Main Line Health.

This entry was posted in Clinician News and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *