By Jack Lynch, president and CEO, MLH
After ten years of remarkable service to Main Line Health, it is with bittersweet emotions that I announce Gary Perecko’s plan to retire from his role of President of Riddle Hospital and Executive Leader at MLH in July 2019. He and his wife Cindy have decided this year is the opportune time to move on to the next phase in their lives, as they spend more time enjoying life with each other, as well as their three daughters and their families.
During his tenure at Main Line Health, Gary has led an exceptional team focused on integrating and transforming Riddle Hospital as a valued member and contributor of Main Line Health for the patients and communities we serve. While I could share an exhaustive list of accomplishments, below are some of the key successes we can attribute to Gary’s leadership:
- Gary and the Riddle team achieved some of the most dramatic improvements on quality scores that we have seen at MLH by embracing and advancing a Culture of Safety and Superior Patient Experience.
- Gary’s vibrant leadership helped to achieve and maintain superior engagement scores for the Riddle team.
- Under his leadership, Gary’s team transformed Riddle’s financial performance to achieve positive operating and financial margins.
- Along with his executive colleagues, Gary identified, planned, and initiated significant capital improvement projects, including the completion, opening and operation of Health Center 4 (along with the Riddle Ambulatory Surgery Center); the expansion and renovation of Riddle’s Emergency Department; the reconfiguration of Health Center 3 to include expanded diagnostic imaging modalities (MRI; Interventional lab; CT scanning; ultra-sound, nuclear medicine and mammography); as well as the Main Line Health Center at Concordville.
- During his tenure, Gary facilitated Riddle’s Medical Staff development, recruitment, retention, succession and successful integration with the MLH Medical Staff.
- Over the past several years, Gary and his team have contributed to a master planning process which will likely be the foundation for a new building project to ensure Riddle Hospital has a modernized physical structure to match the superior care the community has come to know and expect from the Riddle Hospital team.
- Gary’s commitment to excellence and passion for Riddle helped advance Riddle’s philanthropic support, increasing the Foundation’s net assets from approximately $19 million to over $50 million.
Gary’s dynamic leadership, strategic vision, infectious enthusiasm and commitment to engaging and developing his team make him not only a well-respected and beloved colleague, but also a friend to so many. A comment in the Employee Engagement survey captures the essence of Gary’s leadership: “The leadership of Gary Perecko is outstanding. He leads by example and accountability. He inspires the Riddle Team to be the best, holding accountable all partners and praising those who are examples of excellence!”
A search for a successor in the role of President has commenced, and planning is underway for an appropriate occasion to officially congratulate Gary.
In the meantime, over the course of the next several months, please join me in thanking Gary for the tremendous influence he has had on making Riddle Hospital and Main Line Health the best place to give and receive care. On behalf of the entire MLH family, I wish Gary and his family the very best as they embark on this next chapter.