From January 9 through 11, four surveyors were at BMRH evaluating conformance with over 2,700 CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) standards in the following programs:
- Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehab
- Inpatient and Outpatient Brain Injury
- Inpatient and Outpatient Spinal Cord Injury
They performed interviews with both patients and staff, observed patient care and therapy sessions and reviewed documents. The survey team noted many strengths in our programs, including:
- Engaged, tenured, professional and competent staff
- Collaborative team
- Strong family support (Laurels, family lounges, support groups)
- Opportunities for patient education, social engagement and support
- Robust outpatient therapy center and satellite centers
- Commitment to community involvement
- Wide array of innovative treatment modalities
- Investment in technology with an eye on best practices and best outcomes
The final accreditation decision will come with the final report in six to eight weeks.
Thank you to BMRH employees for your dedication and support during the survey.