Application deadline for 2020 is January 16
- Grants are available to support original research by health care professionals at Bryn Mawr Hospital and other Main Line Health hospitals.
- Priority will be given to research proposals by practicing physicians and other healthcare professionals at Bryn Mawr Hospital. Projects that have the potential to lead to advances in clinical practice are encouraged.
- Funds for travel to national meetings for presentation of results are available with prior approval from the Treasurer. Reimbursement for publication costs of funded studies in peer reviewed journals is available.
- A maximum of $50,000 per project is available for a period of 1 year starting on July 1, 2020. A few grants will be considered for an award of $75,000 IF THERE IS CLEAR JUSTIFICATION in the research and budget sections explaining why the additional funds are crucial to the project. Most awards will be for $50,000 in an effort to encourage as many research projects as possible. If the project is not completed within one year, the investigator may apply for funding in the next funding cycle.
- Assistance in refining your research proposal prior to submission is available from experienced investigators. Such assistance is strongly encouraged especially for investigators who do not have extensive research experience.
- Investigators agree to abide by the Foundation’s intellectual property policy which is available on the Foundation’s website (http://www.mainlinehealth.org/sharpe-strumia)
Please visit http://www.mainlinehealth.org/sharpe-strumia and/or contact Louise Gethers for information on application forms and procedures.
Submit a completed PDF version of your proposal to: SharpeStrumiaFoundationOffice@MLHS.ORG and nine (9) hardcopies
by noon on January 16, 2020 to:
Sharpe – Strumia Research Foundation Office
130 S. Bryn Mawr Avenue
1st Floor / H-Wing, Room 110
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
For further information contact Louise Gethers at (484) 337-4244 or email GethersL@mlhs.org
Visit us on the web at http://www.mainlinehealth.org/sharpe-strumia