On December 2, 2019 beginning at 6:30am, Main Line Health is changing software for event reporting. STARS will be sunsetted and replaced with RL Risk.
The new program, RL Risk, will be available on MLH computers under this desktop icon.
Please refer to the attached brochure guide for helpful information when submitting an event (referred to as a “file” in the RL system). There are 2 options for entering a file:
- Anonymously – no patient lookup is available; all patient information to be entered manually
- Logging into the system with MLH network logon and password—this allows patient lookups by the staff entering the report to save time entering
Additionally, RL Risk offers the following features:
- All locations are available for any report; locations are not restricted to campus computer IP addresses
- Staff can save events to complete later (listed as incomplete files)
- More event types/icons to choose to report
Additional training will be offered this week at all locations, with the exception of HomeCare & Hospice. We look forward to an easier, better process for staff to report events for the purpose of improving our care.
Please contact Anne Marie Browne, director, Patient Safety & Quality, or a member of the Patient Safety team with any questions related to this change.