Earlier this week, the PA Secretary of Health, Dr. Rachel Levine, put an order in place that requires select hospital-based medical staff and employees who may have exposure to COVID-19 patients to confirm that they have received and reviewed their hospital’s COVID-19 policies.
Since the arrival of COVID-19 in our region and at our hospitals in early March, our Main Line Health team has worked together to institute several policies and guidelines to govern employee safety and patient care in the midst of this pandemic. These have been communicated in daily and weekly communications, including our COVID-19 page on Wellspring, MLH To Go, daily email updates, and town halls with employees and medical staff.
All medical staff receiving this notification should review the attached COVID-19 policies and guidelines and must complete the attestation form by June 23, 2020 for MLH to comply with the Secretary’s order.
There are four key elements that are required in the Secretary’s order that the provider must acknowledge understanding of:
- Exposure notification process (that we will notify you within 24 hours of a confirmed exposure to a COVID-19 patient).
- That MLH will arrange for testing for symptomatic and asymptomatic hospital staff members who have received notification of an exposure to a COVID-19 case to request to undergo testing for COVID-19.
- Attached policies and guidelines for elements 1&2: MLH COVID Policy, Employee Exposure Process Grid, IP Job Aide- Post Exposure Management Notification Process
- That you understand that you have access to necessary PPE through the MLH procurement and distribution of NIOSH or FDA approved Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to hospital staff and the requirement to wear an N95 mask during direct patient contact on a COVID unit.
- That universal staff, patient, and visitor masking is in place.
- Attached policies and guidelines for elements 3&4: Conservation Plan for PPE and other Isolation, COVID-19 Pandemic Respiratory Protection Policy for Main Line Health Employees and Medical Staff How to access the Attestation SiteWithin the hour, you will receive another email message with the subject “[PARTNER] Physician Attestation – Review of Main Line Health COVID-19 Policies” that includes a custom link for you to record your attestation. Please use the link provided in that message and follow the instructions below if you are prompted to authenticate. If you have a mlhs.org email address, use the email address and the password you use to access Epic. If you do not have a mlhs.org email address, use your six-letter Epic sign-on name and ‘mlhs.org’ as the email address. (For example: If your Epic sign on is “klindo” – you would use firstname.lastname@example.org as the email address.) You will receive a text message with a 6-digit code. Enter this code to access the site. You will be taken immediately to the attestation form. If you have difficulty accessing the attestation form, please contact the Main Line Health Service Desk at 494-596-4357. As we learn more about COVID-19, we will continue to make changes and updates to our guidelines, policies and procedures based on the latest recommendations from the Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. These updates will continue to be shared with you and your colleagues on a regular basis, and we appreciate your cooperation. Thank you for your continued support of Main Line Health, our patients, and each other.
Sincerely, Jon Stallkamp, MD, Regional VPMA, Main Line Health
Jim Gengaro, DO, Regional VPMA, Main Line Health
Andy Norton, MD, CMO, Main Line Health